Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pacemaker/Defib Maintenance

My pacemaker alarm has been going off for awhile I guess it started in May sometime. I knew that my battery needed to be changed so I was not alarmed. My doctors appointment was in the middle of July so I was just going to mention the battery issue when I went to see the doctor, cardiologist and the tech that monitors my pacemaker/defib.

The week before my doctors appointment I got a call cancelling the appointment. I was still not concerned because I still had the tech appointment. Then the day before the tech appointment I got a call to cancel that appointment. I was planing to go to Washington state to my nephew's wedding mid August and still did not have an appointment. So I called and got an appointment with the tech that same day.

So I found out that I have two alarms in the pacemaker/defib. The first is to alert me that there is a problem. The second is urgent. An appointment was made for me to see the cardiologist the week after I got back from Washington, which is Monday. So then an appointment will be made to change the batteries. This will be just an out patient procedure and I will be awake during. Not pleased with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment