Monday, January 30, 2012

Barely treding Water

This month is almost over and I don't feel like I have accomplished much. So I am still trying to change my eating to more healthy.

I have not done as much exercising as I had hoped.

So today at about 10:15 I walked up to the church and around then I walked back. So that was 1227 steps. That is about what I walk when I go shopping which is about 1/2 mile. By the time I get home, and this takes all of about 10 minutes, my lower back hurts, my upper thighs ache, and I can hardly stand upright.

After I was able to sit for about 30 minutes I was able to go in and start cooking lunch for my husband and myself. I cooked broccoli and chicken, and washed dishes. I can only stand for about 10 to 15 minutes at a time.

Then again at 1:00 I went for another walk. I went the same path, the same distance, for about the same time and came back home. At that point my total steps were 2759. When I realized I had walked that far I felt a great sense of accomplishment.

I can do this and I can do this every day. Well, that is my goal for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment